Road Safety Scheme for Rodington Parish
In September last year (2022) Telford & Wrekin Council agreed that we could have a RSS developed, but these schemes take time, money and we're on a waiting list with other parishes in the borough who also have schemes being developed.
We don't want to wait around, so the Parish Council started an informal consultation to gather your thoughts on what safer roads in this parish could look like, this was held during February-April 2023.
This survey is not heavily technical, nor does it need to be. We simply used this opportunity to gather your thoughts, get a better picture of what residents would and would not support. We're using this information to work with Highways Engineers from Telford & Wrekin Council to develop the initial designs (stage 2).
For information, the Road Safety Scheme steps are;
- Informal consultation lead by the parish council (online survey) - Complete
- Initial designs developed by Telford & Wrekin Council - In progress
- Informal consultation on initial designs lead by the parish council (open sessions in village halls).
- Formal designs developed by Telford & Wrekin Council.
- Informal consultation on formal designs lead by the parish council (open sessions in village halls).
- Final designs developed by Telford & Wrekin Council.
- Formal consultation on final designs lead by Telford & Wrekin Council (online and open sessions in village halls).
- Amendments (if identified) made and scheme proposed to parish council to adopt and finance.
Rodington Parish Council is taking road safety as a top priority for our parish.
In November 2021 we formed the Transport Working Group, an advisory group made up of Parish Councillors, local residents, businesses, the local policing team and the Highways Authority.
The aim is to address any and all ongoing road safety concerns.
Minutes of these group meetings can be found below.